Attivio is having a house party and product rollout in the latter part of January, and details are scarce in the mean time. But here are some highlights.
- Attivio was founded in August. It has 21 people and 1 VC. The VC has invested >$6 million and committed >$12 million total.
- Attivio has ambitious plans for a fully integrated data management/real-time BI stack. It’s currently called the “Active Intelligence Engine.”
- The data management part combines tabular, text, and XML data. The tabular part is some kind of bitmap. The text part is fairly traditional, and based on Lucene.
- One point of this architecture is that one can more or less seamlessly join different kinds of data.
- Another point is surely that — with everything being more or less like a column or bitmap — memory management and administration are manageable issues.
- Despite containing all these wonders, the code is under 10 megs total. At least right now. But then — how much code can one write in a few months?
- Andrew didn’t want me to repeat everything he said about target markets, but clearly Wall Street is one of the top possibilities.