My latest thoughts about DMOZ and the ODP may be found in this blog comment thread.
The gist is:
- DMOZ has many problems, such as categories that are at least five years out of date.
- Newly, corruptly listed sites are NOT high on the list of problems.
- In fact, the attention paid to avoiding such corruption is a terrible drain on ODP resources.
- There are a lot of liars and/or idiots bashing DMOZ in the website owner community.
- robjones is a sarcastic jerk, but he’s our sarcastic jerk.
Or something like that. As I said, it’s a flame war …
Anyhow, I’m flying off on a two-week snorkeling trip Saturday, and should be much mellower soon.